Do you ever wish there was one training for parents and families that provided thorough information about how their children can obtain competitive employment aligned with their interests? Wouldn’t it be great if this training also provided extensive information about supported/customized employment, employer and employee supports, benefits, work incentives, and savings? How awesome would it be if this training included specific information related to Indiana about all of these topics? And if it was also FREE?
Well, wish no more. Registration is open for Family Employment Awareness Training (FEAT). This fall, FEAT goes online with a series of webinars providing extensive information about employment and benefits to young adults, transition-age students, and their supporters.
Webinar titles and dates are:
- October 20 – Introduction/Transition in Indiana
- October 21 – Supported/Customized Employment
- October 22 – Transition Services/Process
- October 23 – Young Adult Session 1
- October 23 – Local Stories of Employment Services
- October 26 – Employer and Employee Supports
- October 27 – Resources and Benefits
- October 28 – Work Incentives and Asset Development
- October 29 – Anti-Discrimination
- October 30 – Young Adult Session 2
- October 30 – Local Agency and Resource Presenters
All general session times are from 6-7:30 p.m. The two young adult sessions are from 5-6 p.m. Sponsored by AWS Foundation, FEAT is facilitated by IN*SOURCE and the Center on Community Living and Careers.
For more information and to register for one or all sessions, see the FEAT flyer and link to registration.