Welcome back and happy 2018, teachers!
By now, most of you are fairly well acquainted with the Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center (INSTRC) team. In addition to bringing you “Tuesday’s Transition Tips” each week, we also:
- develop professional development trainings and materials for transition educators and administrators,
- consult with you in your schools around the state,
- monitor Transition IEPs and provide coaching to improve your IEP skills,
- facilitate the work of the regional Cadres of Transition Leaders,
- bring Cadre teams together at an annual meeting in the spring,
- and much more.
But you might not know that INSTRC is part of a bigger team. We’re a project of the Center on Community Living and Careers (CCLC), which is one of six centers focused on disability opportunities and issues at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community at Indiana University. CCLC’s mission is to “promote partnerships between schools and support organizations to bring about positive changes in the lives of individuals and families as they live, work, and participate in their communities.”
Our CCLC compadres work closely with Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services. They:
- consult with community rehabilitation providers around the state;
- report on employment and community inclusion trends; and
- provide trainings on benefits, job development, systems and services, and more for community rehabilitation providers, employment specialists, and VR counselors.
Want more information on what CCLC is doing? Take a look at our CCLC project list, or tour the CCLC website.
And a quick reminder:
Are you a district/cooperative receiving Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)? If so, INSTRC is looking for your stories. Please let us know if you have a Pre-ETS activity, service, or plan that is working exceptionally well. We are gathering “things that are working” relating to Pre-ETS planning, collaboration, and/or services. If you would like to share, please email Mary Held at email@example.com. If you could get this information to us by January 15, we would so appreciate it!