- “If one part of the Transition IEP is not compliant, does that mean the whole IEP is not compliant?”
- “I have a student who insists his goal is to be a football quarterback. What services and activities should we be doing?”
- “My student is planning to live at home after they leave school. Does that mean they don’t need an independent living goal?”
- “I have a postsecondary goal but I’m not sure it’s measurable. How do I find out?”
Transition can be a tricky business. Every student is different. Rules and regulations change. Documentation demands your attention. Staff of the Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center (INSTRC) are here to help.
Open Office Hours
Beginning next month, INSTRC will hold free, weekly Open Office Hours. You can come and go with a question or just pop in to hear and learn from others. Beginning Thursday March 4, join us:
Every Thursday, 3-5 p.m., Eastern Time
Connect with us on Zoom: https://iu.zoom.us/j/84184586146
Transition Talk at High Noon
We’ll also provide short, interactive but topic-focused technical assistance every month on Transition Talk at High Noon. Upcoming dates and topics are below. Save the dates and times!
First Wednesdays, Noon, Eastern Time
- March 3 General Transition IEP Information
- April 7 Interview: Department of Education—Data & the Monitoring Process
- May 5 Transition IEP-Present Levels
Connect with us on Zoom: https://iu.zoom.us/j/84209113018Note: You do not need to register for Open Office Hours or any of the Transition Talk High Noon webinars. Need accommodations? Contact us at INSTRC@indiana.edu at least three weeks before your Transition Talk or Office Hours. Let us know what accommodations you’ll need and for which dates you’ll need them.