The Division on Career Development and Transition (DCDT) has compiled a trove of resources for working online with students in a LiveBinder created by Al Daviso. If you have oodles of time, you can explore all of the many tabs here if you’d like.
We’ve clicked and peeked for you, though, so here are a few of our favorites. Some are free, but some are fee-based or available for a subscription. (Don’t you hate it when they don’t list the prices?)
- Nepris—live chats with industry experts, career pathways tied to CTE clusters, industry videos.
- Virtual Concerts, Plays, Museums, and Other Culture—links, courtesy of CNN Style, to a long list of virtual experiences ranging from Alvin Ailey Dance Theater to the Sistine Chapel. You can even watch the live stream of the African penguins at Atlanta’s Georgia Aquarium.
- Virtual Job Shadow—hundreds of real-life job videos and career advice from employees. Includes lesson plan builders and career assessment tools.
- Functional Skills System—peer modeling videos of independent living skills. Health, life, social skills, and other categories of videos are available in three skill levels: signs and words, how-to series, and learning activities series.
- School of Strength from Special Olympics—warm-up, endurance, strength, and balance videos as well as several extra-credit, 30-minute workouts with a trainer. You can also download a fitness tracker.