Have you ever had a question about something related to transition to adulthood, but needed only a quick answer, not a full training seminar? Me too! The Transition Coalition has just what you’re looking for.
Sponsored by the University of Kansas in partnership with the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, their website includes a searchable database where educators post quick transition-related tips. Each tip can be rated so you know which tips your peers thought really hit the mark. The database includes hundreds of user-submitted and rated tips, such as:
- Ask One Question to Avoid "I don't know." (In Transition Assessments)
- Begin to Develop Student Portfolios and Notebooks
- Collaborate with Parent Training and Information Centers or Other Community Based Organizations to Provide Parent Training Workshops on Transition
- Develop 18-21 Community-Based Programs
- Implement Mentoring and E-mentoring Programs
There are many more to choose from and opportunities for you to submit tips as well. You can find the Transition Coalition’s Transition Tips database here.