It is hard to believe that the Indiana Cadres of Transition Leaders have been going strong for seven years! In 2011, Indiana formed seven regional cadres of leaders in the field of transition to build capacity across the state and address regional secondary transition needs. Cadre members meet regularly (typically once a month or every other month) to discuss, plan,
Each year brings new ideas and new challenges that Cadre members work on through a team approach. Each Cadre has one or two facilitators, along with a support person from the Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center team. Cadres are also supported by the Indiana Department of Education.
Interested in joining a Cadre? We hope you are! Not sure which Cadre your school district is in? You can find a map of Cadre boundaries and a listing of currently participating districts on the following website: https://instrc.indiana.edu/cadres-leaders/regional-cadre.html
Once you’ve located your Cadre, please email one of the facilitators below to learn more about meeting dates and activities.
- Northwest Cadre Kathy Klimek: firstname.lastname@example.org and Kim Lozano: email@example.com
- Northeast Cadre Ryan Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org and Lindsay Wolf: email@example.com
- North Central Cadre Tonya Grimm: firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Cadre Amy Everhart: email@example.com
- Central Cadre Kellie Freeman: firstname.lastname@example.org and Chrissy Pogue: email@example.com
- Southwest Cadre Kara Hoffman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southeast Cadre Marykate Helmsing: email@example.com
Registration is still open for September 2018 Regional Transition Trainings. Training kicks off in Carmel and continues in Indianapolis, Bloomington, Huntington, Hammond, and Jasper. Click on the link for more information and to reserve your seat!