The seven regional Indiana Cadres of Transition Leaders build capacity across the state and address a variety of secondary transition needs. Cadre members meet regularly (typically once a month or every other month) to discuss, plan, learn, and provide supports. Many cadres work on products to support their regions and the state. Past Cadre projects have included the Transition Assessment Matrix; parent information brochures; and videos to support teachers, students, and families.
Each Cadre has one or two facilitators, along with a support person from the Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center team. Cadres are also supported by the Indiana Department of Education.
Interested in joining a Cadre? We hope you are! Not sure which Cadre your school district is in? You can find a map of Cadre boundaries and a listing of currently participating districts on the INSTRC Cadre webpage.
Please email one of the facilitators below to learn more about meeting dates and activities.
- Central Cadre Kellie Freeman: firstname.lastname@example.org and Chrissy Pogue: email@example.com
- East Cadre Amy Everhart: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Central Cadre Tonya Grimm: email@example.com
- Northeast Cadre Ryan Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org and Lindsay Wolf: email@example.com
- Northwest Cadre Kathy Klimek: firstname.lastname@example.org and Kim Lozano: email@example.com
- Southeast Cadre Marykate Helmsing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwest Cadre Amy Goodman: email@example.com
ReminderRegister now for our Annual Transition IEP Trainings: Building Bridges to Quality. This year trainings are all online. Trainings are separated into four topic areas and run from August 17-21. For more information, see the INSTRC Training webpage and scroll down to Building Bridges for Quality.